(I couldn’t resist the terrible pun anymore than I could resist pointing out the terrible pun Jasmina said with the phrase “we need to find nicknames for the two nicks.” lol NICKnames. I am a nerd.)
I’m in the mood for lists. I saw a book at B&N the other day that inspired me.
Top 5 grocery items purchased:
3. Apple juice
4. granola bars
5 people I got to know this summer:
5 truths I knew in my head, but learned in my heart:
1. God doesn’t work on a points system- there is nothing I can do that will make Him love me less.
2. While we are here, failure on our part is inevitable. What matters is how you respond to these trials (amazingly, grace increases!).
3. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
4. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:21-22.
5. It’s the Holy Spirit working through us, not for us.
5 lies defeated by truth.
1. “Maybe I’ll find God later- I really think it would help if we were together now.”
TRUTH: 14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 2 cor. 6:14-16
2. You should live your own life! Don’t do things to please anyone but yourself.
TRUTH: 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 cor. 6:19-20 AND 1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-3
3. You are worthless
TRUTH: Psalm 139
4. It’s ok to joke around about crude things if you’re trying to fit in with a group.
TRUTH: 3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. Eph. 5:3-4
5. Nobody will notice if you slack off a little at your job.
TRUTH: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23
7 people who have poured wisdom into me (and there are still so many more!):
7. My mom =)
5 goals for the semester:
1. Do my homework and generally care about classes (see colossians 3:23. I think I need a poster of it or something)
2. Cook/bake on a weekly basis.
3. Spend more time LISTENING to God.
4. Go for a run once or twice a week or go to Lied
5. Get into the habit of planning things with a calendar (it’s a good teacherly habit to have lol)
I think this is it for now. I have work early tomorrow as usual. Another beautiful day on the way!